How to take care of your clothes
For a garment to be durable it’s very important to take good care of them. And how can we do it? We leave you some important and easy tips.
1. Wash whites and light colours separately from bright or dark colours.
2. Natural fabrics such as wool, linen and silk shrink when washed at high temperatures and lose their shape if spun dry or hung vertically. Artificial and synthetic fabrics should be washed in warm water and ironed inside-out at low temperatures.
3. Do not overload the washing machine. With excess loads, clothing may not be sufficiently clean. Also please keep in mind, that hand washing is also a great method for when you only have a few pieces to wash and naturally when the label requires so.
4. We recommend the use of neutral and ecological/organic detergents.
5. Wash your garments inside-out and preferably with a liquid ecological or organic detergent and not a powder or solid detergent.
6. Use the detergent and fabric softener with moderation. If you add too much, stains may appear on the garments.
7. Avoid using tumble driers. Fabrics become opaque and garments wear more quickly. Air dry whenever you can, it’s better for the clothes and way more ecological.
8. High temperatures are always harmful to fabrics.
9. When drying your clothes outside, avoid direct sunlight.
10. When ironing, always start with a lower temperature. In the case of dark colours, iron inside-out or when slightly damp. A little secret, most of the clothes don’t require you to iron them, awesome for you and for the planet.